Monday, October 26, 2009

hello and welcome

About 2 months ago, I had to put down my dog and it has been - by far - the hardest of life's experiences to bear.  My mind hasn't yet fully reconciled or accepted his loss and I often forget that he is no longer physically around as I can still sense his presence or expect to see him lying around the corner, ready to play pranks.

The purpose of this blog is not to linger on the sadness of his loss but to remember the special attributes of his personality, the funny occurences and the lessons offered by dogs.  Also, his passing has taken me on a search for greater meaning with the hope of better understanding the animals among us. Chances are, these posts will generally not be chronological but more a stream-of-consciousness meandering of thought.


I would love to hear your experiences as well, so please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment